AngelVest is comprised of over 90 individual members who are themselves successful entrepreneurs, business leaders, venture capital and private equity investors. Our members have extensive China and international experience as well as in depth expertise across a range of industries (TMT, healthcare/biotech, clean tech, real estate, retail/consumer products, manufacturing, legal, and financial services including VC/PE). However, what gives us an edge over other groups is that our members are committed to being actively involved in deal sourcing, due diligence and ongoing mentoring of portfolio companies, rather than simply making a passive investment.
To be considered an accredited investor, the following criteria must be met:
1) Net worth >= US$1 million or equivalent, or
2) Individual income >= US$200,000 in each of the last two years and who reasonably expects it to exceed $200,000 in the current year, or
3) Joint income (with spouse) >= US$300,000 in each of the last two years and who reasonably expects it to exceed $300,000 in the current year
4) The candidate must have a track record of founding, managing and building successful businesses as entrepreneurs, investors or operating executives
5) The candidate commits to be an active member of the Group, attending monthly meetings, identifying and evaluating investment opportunities
6) The candidate must commit to investing US$25,000 AND participate in at least one transaction per year
Ideally the candidate is based in Shanghai, Beijing, Hong Kong, or Singapore. Those candidates who can add significant value to the Group but who are not based in Shanghai or its vicinity will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Membership in AngelVest is by invitation only. Candidates must meet all membership criteria listed below, have references from at least 2 existing members, and be approved by the Steering Committee (“SC”).
After submitting a completed application, the candidate may be invited to meet with at least 2 SC members. Final admission will be subject to a unanimous vote by the SC. Generally, a decision is made within 3 days of the meetings with the SC members.
Each candidate must complete an application form (including a recent resume) and read/accept our Code of Conduct. To apply, please contact our membership department: [email protected].
The AAMA Shanghai Angels provides a platform for introductions between angel investors and companies, but does not make or advise on investments. We are not a fund and do not make investments as a group. Our members collaborate on deal sourcing and due diligence but make individual investment decisions and understand that investments in early-stage, privately held ventures are risky and can be highly illiquid. We are not in a position to provide investment advisory or brokerage services.