- AngelVest provides its website visitors with access to information, updates and certain products and services (the “Services”) through this website (the “AngelVest Website”).
- AngelVest is committed to creating a safe and secure online environment and safeguarding the privacy of its website visitors.
- Collecting Information
- Website visitors may access the AngelVest Website while remaining anonymous and without disclosing any personal information.
- During a visit to the AngelVest Website, AngelVest may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal information from website visitors, including but not limited to:
(a) information about your computer and about your visits to and use of the AngelVest Website (including your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views and website navigation paths);
(b) information that you provide to AngelVest for the purpose of subscribing to our email notifications and/or newsletters (including your name and email address);
(c) information that you provide to AngelVest when using the Services on the AngelVest Website, or information that is generated in the course of the use of those Services;
(d) information contained in or relating to any communication that you send to AngelVest or send through the AngelVest Website;
(e) any other personal information that you choose to send to AngelVest.
- Using Personal Information
- AngelVest may use your personal information to:
(a) contact you;
(b) administer the AngelVest Website and business;
(c) enable your use of the Services available on the AngelVest Website;
(d) send you non-marketing commercial communications;
(e) send you email notifications that you have specifically requested;
(f) send you the AngelVest email newsletter, if you have requested it (such circulation can be terminated at any time at your request and notification to AngelVest);
(g) provide statistical information only to third parties about AngelVest users;
(h) address any queries and/or complaints made by or about you relating to the AngelVest Website;
(i) maintain AngelVest Website security and prevent fraud.
- AngelVest will not, without your express consent, supply your personal information to any third party for the purpose of their or any other third party’s direct marketing.
- Disclosing Personal Information
- AngelVest may disclose your personal information:
(a) to the extent that AngelVest is required to do so by law;
(b) in connection with any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings;
(c) in order to establish, exercise, protect or defend the legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk) of AngelVest;
(d) to the purchaser (or prospective purchaser) of any business or asset that AngelVest are (or are contemplating) selling.
- International Data Transfers
- Retaining Personal Information
- This Section 7 sets out the AngelVest data retention policies and procedure, which are designed to help ensure that AngelVest is compliant with its legal obligations in relation to the retention and deletion of personal information.
- Personal information that AngelVest processes for any purpose or purposes shall not be kept for longer than is necessary for that purpose or those purposes.
- Notwithstanding the other provisions of this Section 7, AngelVest will retain documents (including electronic documents) containing personal data:
(a) to the extent that AngelVest is required to do so by law;
(b) if AngelVest believes that the documents may be relevant to any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings; and
(c) in order to establish, exercise or defend the legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk) of AngelVest.
- Security of Personal Information
- AngelVest will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
- AngelVest will store all the personal information you provide on its secure servers.
- You are advised that AngelVest uses third party vendors to provide the necessary hardware, software, networking, storage and related technology required to run the AngelVest Website. By using the AngelVest Website you acknowledge that your data may be stored on a third party storage server and transmitted through third party networks.
- You acknowledge that the transmission of information over the internet is inherently insecure, and AngelVest cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
- Your Rights
- You may instruct AngelVest to provide you with any personal information AngelVest may hold about you; provision of such information will be subject to the supply of appropriate evidence of your identity (for this purpose, AngelVest may accept a photocopy of your passport certified by an attorney or bank plus an original copy of a utility bill showing your current address).
- AngelVest may withhold personal information that you request to the extent permitted by law.
- You may instruct AngelVest at any time not to process your personal information for marketing purposes.
- In practice, you will usually expressly agree in advance to the use by AngelVest of your personal information for marketing purposes.
- Updating Information
- Please let AngelVest know if the personal information that AngelVest holds about you needs to be corrected or updated.
- A cookie is a file containing an identifier that is sent by a web server to a web browser and is stored by the browser. The identifier is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server.
- 3 Cookies do not typically contain any personal information that may personally identify a user, but personal information that SOSV stores about you may be linked to the information stored in and obtained from cookies.
- Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies.
- Child Users
- Protecting the privacy of young children is especially important to AngelVest. AngelVest does not knowingly collect or maintain personal information from persons under 13 years for age (“Child Users”). The AngelVest Website is not directed to Child Users. If AngelVest becomes aware of personal information that has been collected from a Child User without verified parental consent, AngelVest will delete such information.